One of the easiest ways to making homemade lock picks is to get some basic supplies
- a basic grinder
- a dremel will help greatly, but a couple of pieces of different grit sandpaper will do just fine
- pieces of thin metal: hack saw blades, pieces of sheet metal, metal ductwork,or if you are just needing some quick picks a soda can with the top and bottom cut off and the middle flattened out.
You don’t have to use these but they can help:
- pair of pliers
- pair of work gloves
- saftey glasses
- pair of tin snips
- If you choose to use the pick templates then trace them onto your metal pieces and cut them to workable sizes
- Put on the gloves and fire up the grinder making sure to get a close as possible to your template as possible,it does’nt have to be perfect but the closer the better.
- I would reccomend starting out with the half diamond pick,because of its simple design
- If you plan on making tension wrenches I would recommend using alan wrenches,or two sides screw drivers
If you have ever been locked out of your house or car then these tips might help. If not call a locksmith.
In case you are locked out of your car:
- Get a coat hanger to use to manipulate itself into the door jamb of your vehicle to unlock the door.
- Bend coat hanger straight except for a little bend at the end. (Make it look like this J),
- Use a flat head screwdriver or some small object to prey the door jamb, maybe about a quarter of an inch.
- Slide the coat hanger down into the door jamb and use it to pull on the lock till it unlocks.
- Another method to this is to use a shoe string in conjunction with the coat hanger to get to the lock to open.
- Use the same directions as above except if you cannot open the door use this.
- Make a hangman’s noose at the end of the shoe string and drop it down with the coat hange
- Use the coat hanger to guide the shoe string onto the lock or door handle
- Once the shoe string is on pull it tight while applying tension with the coat hanger
If you are locked out of your house:
- This method works but it can mess up your card.
- This method only works if the deadbolt is not locked
- Get an old card or ID.
-Apply pressure with your leg and hip near the door jamb where the lock is to relieve some of the pressure near the lock.
- In the process of doing this slide the end of the card into the jam between the door and the lock lever and wiggle it back and forth up and down until the card slides in between the door and the lock lever.
-After this just push the doors open.